Sunday 17 April 2011

WD hard drives are ok, after all.

Ok, two days ago something happened to my PC - a power-related problem, that ctually wound up frying one of the SATA ports on my motherboard, and it led to me discovering that i have made a mistake .. a grevious mistake, in my build, 3 years ago (!!!) that i just only discovered.

Yes, i somehow had a SATA power connector taking electricity from a fan cable - don't ask me how, i must have been really tired when i was setting up, because i missed that in PC building, a cable can take power as well as send it - ie, a connector isn't exclusively male or female, and after all these years i understand that this was the source of all my stability problems.

Well, just so that you should know, i can now excuse the drives - Western Digital is back at the top of the list - though, Seagate might just be as good, as they price everything lower.

I am such a n00b ..

No comments: